Friday 3 March 2017

From the personal journal of Irisz Magyari

I haven’t really put my thoughts in order for a while given all that’s been going on; thus there’s a lot that I will cover here. I do feel bad about being so negligent about this. After all I learned from the journals of my predecessors (Especially Sel and Annika) it almost feels like a duty to collect my thoughts so that I can pass them on to whoever succeeds me.

First of all, things went well with the Tamarind government. We handed over Kaine to their custody and received out payment. They were pretty happy with our work, especially given how thoroughly we destroyed the Reapers. Kaine is going to stand trial for his cronies so that they can show that justice is being done and the like, but we all know that the outcome has been pre-determined. I’m not that bothered by it, really. Kaine was a horrible person, a pirate, raider and murderer who inflicted misery wherever he went. Whatever they chose to do to him is well deserved.


We sunk a chunk of what we earned into buying a new Stalker to replace Takahashi’s Akuma. While he did lose his ‘Mech after disobeying my orders, the fact is that he’s too skilled a MechWarrior and officer to leave him Dispossessed. Besides, he’s probably duffered enough from the sheer embarrassment of what happened and losing a family heirloom in such a way. I had offered him Kaine’s salvaged Thanatos, but I think he wanted an assault ‘Mech regardless. Soothe his ego and all.
Likewise, Bruce is hanging on to that Buccaneer. I really don’t think he’s that worried about people thinking he’s a Regulan or some crazed Wobbie leftover. Really, he just wants to hit things with a hatchet.

The other outstanding matter form Andiron was the dismissal of Captain Dae-Hoon. After the whole friendly fire incident, it was the only outcome that could maintain any semblance of peace within the unit. I mean, I practically had to hold Maria back from murdering him on the spot. He’s the last of my father’s loyalists So removing him also removes a huge thorn from my side. And if dad ever re-emerges, I’ll deal with the fallout then. But that’s a mighty big ‘if’.

In his place there’s been a bit of restructuring. When he left, he took his crew with him. One of the other Sniper Crews also chose to leave, which unfortunately cost us more experienced gunners. In his place, sear gent Furos has been promoted to lieutenant and is now commander of the Artillery detachment (Including the Silent Castle’s guns). Maria has been promoted to Captain, and is now my effective second.

(Mercenary unit politics are never pretty. So many people seem to have this idea that your entire unit will just magically follow you because of your last name or something. The reality is anything but).
I’ve hit the ground running on Galatea, looking to hire. We need two new Artillery crews and another Battle Armour squad, for starters. While Corporal Levesque’s mistake did result in the kidnapping of Stanley and her crew, he’s suffered enough already. I’m not looking to replace him for now, but I will be keeping an eye on him just to make sure he’s okay.

The other thing is to start shopping around for a contract; have to pay the bills and all that. I have had an interesting looking lead from the FWLM. They’re asking a lot, but the pay looks good and they are willing to give us relatively broad discretion as to how we accomplish our objectives. There’s also another offer from the Lyrans but it does look a little desperate. Well, a lot.


I’ll think about them over dinner and then put them to command to see what people think. 

No comments:

Post a Comment